Ajrakh is a traditional vegetable dyeing and resist block-printing technique on cloth. It is estimated to be around 4,500 years old. The Ajrakh artisans in India are originally from Sindh and they migrated to Kutch in Gujarat and Barmer in Rajasthan. Ajrakh is the traditional attire of the Maldhari pastoral community of Bhuj. The process of ‘Ajrakh’ is a long drawn process with many stages and each layer of colour is printed after a gap of time so the cloth has to stay for the day.
This Organic handmade saree is made using natural dyes through traditional ajrakh technique of hand block printing practised by the artisans in Kutch region of Gujarat.
Fabric : Organic Chanderi Silk with Silk Mark Tag
Blouse : Indigo with Zari Blouse
Occasion : Party wear and Casual Wear
Color– Indigo/Red with all over booty work and Block Print Pallu and zari border.
Length : 5.5mtr*1.1 mtr(Excluding Blouse)
Blouse Size– .8*1.1 mtr
- Always dry clean for the first wash. For subsequent washes, if dry cleaning is not possible, gently hand wash in cold water with silk-suitable detergent or baby shampoo.
- Do not store silk without dry cleaning
- Always air dry the saree in shade. Never wring the sari or use it in the washing machine or dryer. Never rub the sari vigorously.
- Iron in medium heat only
- Use silica gel sachet or moisture absorbents in your cupboard which you use for storing silk fabrics
- Expose the silk fabrics periodically to natural atmosphere
Silk Mark is a certification mark in India for silk textiles. The mark certifies that the piece of textile which bears the mark is made of pure natural silk. The certification is managed by the ‘Silk Mark Organisation of India’, a society set up by the state-controlled Central Silk Board of India.
All Pure Silk Sarees from “Bunkar Sarees” carry the coveted silk mark tag
- Shipping charges on our products shall be mentioned at the time of checkout. Shipping charges are based on the volumetric weight of the product, volume after packing, and the destination of delivery.
- No return or exchange will be processed in case the fall and/or pico is done on the saree. For details on returns and exchanges, please visit our Return and Exchange Policy page
- For international customers, the VAT/ Import Duties/ Local Taxes are borne directly by the customer, to be paid at the time of Delivery to our courier partner. These taxes will be chargeable over and above the product/order price you pay. These charges are ungovernable as they differ from country to country according to local rules and regulations.